- Freshen up the bed by changing the sheets and spraying them with a lavender scented spray.
- Place extra blankets and pillows in the room for added comfort.
- Consider adding these items to the guest room: alarm clock, tissues, waste basket, bottled water, keys to the house, books, magazines and a disposable camera.
- Place a reading light next to the bed.
- Clear space in the dresser, nightstand and closet for your guest’s belongings.
- In the bathroom, clear off some counter space and add extra hooks for towels.
- Store extra rolls of toilet paper and air freshener where your guests can see them.
- Place a basket of toiletries in the guest room or in the bathroom and include: hotel soaps, lotions, shampoo, shower cap, toothbrush (in the package), toothpaste, mini mouthwash, sample sized shave gels and disposable razors.
- Adding a plug-in air freshener in the room will help keep the room smelling fresh while your guests are staying with you.
As you can see, it doesn’t take much to get your room ready for guests. Implementing some of these tips will ensure that your guests will be comfortable and happy in your home! :)
If you have any additional tips to add, please feel free to include them in the comments section.