Here are 10 cleaning shortcuts to help you breeze through your cleaning routine. Some are designed to give you a breather until you are able to deep clean and others show you a quick way to get the same deep clean.
- Cleaning the fridge: Before you go grocery shopping, throw away any old food in the fridge and wipe the shelves down with a disinfecting wipe. This can be done quickly because your fridge should be fairly empty.
- Cleaning the kitchen floor: Try using something faster than a mop and bucket like a Swiffer WetJet or a steam mop. You’ll get the job done faster because you don’t have to keep stopping to wring out the mop.
- Dusting: When dusting your furniture, avoid using polish unless it is absolutely necessary. Using a microfiber cloth will effectively dust the furniture without the use of chemicals. Start at the farthest part of the room and work your way out.
- Cleaning kitchen counters: Clean up any spills before they have a chance to set. This will eliminate the need to scrub.
- Keeping floors clean: Try placing a doormat outside and a rug inside each door to catch loose debris from shoes. This will help keep your floors cleaner longer.
- Cleaning the shower: Use a cleaner specifically designed for the shower (I like Kaboom), let it sit on the doors for a few minutes and then wipe it away. This procedure eliminates the need to scrub.
- Vacuuming: Only vacuum the rooms that are used on a daily basis and high-traffic areas. Vacuum the rooms less used monthly.
- Cleaning the ceiling fan: Use one of those extendable dusters to clean ceiling fans and lighting fixtures instead of standing on chairs or step stools.
- Cleaning mirrors: Use your microfiber cloth without glass cleaner to get your mirrors clean. Wet the cloth, wring it out and clean the mirrors with ease and no streaks.
- Vacuum furniture: Use a lint roller on furniture in place of actually vacuuming. This is a great way to clean lampshades also.
Hopefully, implementing these tips will help you get through cleaning day faster.
If you have any speed-cleaning tips, share them in the comments.
My Related Posts: